Responsible for preparing dockets of cases to be called, retrieving information for judges to read in court cases, reaching out to witnesses, and obtaining other information for the court.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks for the courts.
- Prepare dockets of cases to be called.
- Secure information about court cases for judges.
- Contact witnesses, lawyers, and attorneys.
- Process legal documents.
- Manage court records.
- Schedule court cases.
- Audit files to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare, file, and forward documents.
- Assemble all documents needed for a trail.
- Identify and request missing material.
- Review documents to ensure procedures are accurate.
- Record minutes of court proceedings.
- Transcribe minutes.
- Administer oath taken by jurors and witnesses.
- Prepare and maintain docket of scheduled cases.
- Record witness testimonies.
- Document court orders and fines.
- Notify participants about trial details.
- Arrange and record payments for fees and court costs.
- Process passports.
- Swear in new citizens.
- Manage official documents related to mortgages, marriage licenses and deeds.