Court Reporter Job Description
- Create verbatim transcripts of court proceedings, trials, and meetings using a stenographic.
- Document conversations to create legal proof if they must be accessed and verified at a later date.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and secure legal records.
- Search for information in official record.
- Supply judge with snippets from the transcript.
- Make suggestions to judges and attorneys regarding courtroom administration and procedure.
- Document all statements in official proceedings.
- Press multiple keys at once to record combinations of letters representing sounds, words, or phrases.
- Record symbols electronically.
- Translate and display symbols as text.
- Provide closed-captioning and real-time translating services to the deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
- Use audio equipment to record court proceedings.
- Monitor process and take notes.
- Identify speakers.
- Ensure recording is clearly audible.
- Produce written transcript of recorded proceeding.
- Speak directly into a voice silencer to record proceedings.
- Record everything said by all parties, including gestures and reactions.
- Prepare written transcripts from voice writing.
- Create and maintain computer dictionary.
- Customize the dictionary with parts of words, entire words, or terminology specific to the proceeding, program, or event.
Secure buildings and conduct security inspections of citizens who enter or are on County or Court property. Respond quickly to alarm points or any other beaches of security. Operat...
Interview and screen potential Treatment and Recovery Court participants. Case manage, implement comprehensive treatment plans, provide face to face guidance and report progress to...
West Division Director Job Id: 1163045 Opening Date/Time: Mon. 10/19/15 12:00 AM Pacific Time Closing Date/Time: Sun. 11/29/15 4:30 PM Pacific Time Salary: $97,843.20 - $122,865.60...