- Job Descriptions
- Court Reporter
Responsible for creating word-for-word transcripts of speeches, dialogue, legal proceedings, meetings, and trials. Preserves spoken word as a written transcript.
- Create verbatim transcripts of court proceedings, trials, and meetings using a stenographic.
- Document conversations to create legal proof if they must be accessed and verified at a later date.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and secure legal records.
- Search for information in official record.
- Supply judge with snippets from the transcript.
- Make suggestions to judges and attorneys regarding courtroom administration and procedure.
- Document all statements in official proceedings.
- Press multiple keys at once to record combinations of letters representing sounds, words, or phrases.
- Record symbols electronically.
- Translate and display symbols as text.
- Provide closed-captioning and real-time translating services to the deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
- Use audio equipment to record court proceedings.
- Monitor process and take notes.
- Identify speakers.
- Ensure recording is clearly audible.
- Produce written transcript of recorded proceeding.
- Speak directly into a voice silencer to record proceedings.
- Record everything said by all parties, including gestures and reactions.
- Prepare written transcripts from voice writing.
- Create and maintain computer dictionary.
- Customize the dictionary with parts of words, entire words, or terminology specific to the proceeding, program, or event.