Crane Operator Job Description
- Operate crane under general supervision.
- Manipulate or depress cane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Repair crane as needed.
- Inspect crane for safety issues on a daily basis.
- Determine if any parts are malfunctioning.
- Complete job tickets, service quality summaries, and all other necessary paperwork.
- Lift, position and place machinery, equipment or other large objects at construction sites and industrial facilities.
- Drive trucks to worksites and unload trucks.
- Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
- Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line.
- Bolt boom sections together to extend or modify boom for pile driving or high lifting.
- Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Operate crane according to signals from helper.
- Start and stop crane engine.
- Follow directions carefully.
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR NAVSPECWARCOM (NSW) HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR: Program Manager DESCRIPTION: The Heavy Equipment Mechanic performs maintenance and repair...
Job Purpose Under moderate supervision responsibilities may include Heat Treat, assembly, forming, finishing, material removal, inspection, rework and repair of assembly compone...