- Job Descriptions
- Credit Authorizer
Responsible for authorizing credit card charges made to a customer's account. Receives information from merchants and verifies, also checks for fraud. Receives credit application and approves or declines it based on applicant's credit standing.
- Authorize credit charges and verify that purchases were not fraudulently acquired.
- Process information from salespeople or merchants over telephone.
- File sales slips in ledger.
- Verify credit standing of customer from information in files or credit checks.
- Determine if a charge was deemed invalid at the point of sale because of a change of address, past due payments or mistaken information.
- Use information to approve or disapprove credit.
- Mail charge statements to customers.
- Receive and process credit applications.
- Call credit applicant's employer and check references.
- Inform customer of decision.
- Submit issue to outside credit investigation staff if necessary.
- Prepare credit cards.
- Receive and process charge slips by mail.
- Handle customer issues as they arise.