Responsible for receiving and processing credit information in order to get an accurate snapshot of a person's financial status. Approves or disapproves credit applications based on credit score and other determining factors such as debts owed, income, liens, judgments, and credit history.
- Compile information from credit applicant to process credit applications.
- Investigate various factors, including amount of income, mortgages, credit history, liens, judgments and debts owed to determine approval.
- Contact former employers and other references to back up financial data.
- Verify residence by checking out city directories and public records.
- Examine public records to uncover bankruptcies, liens, arrest record, or unpaid taxes of applicants.
- Work with credit bureaus to obtain additional information.
- Inform credit applicants of their rights, including their right to obtain a copy of their credit report if denied.
- Prepare and compile reports.
- Notify applicant of credit status.
- Decide amount of credit that can be extended.
- Investigate business establishments applying for credit.
- Provide reasons for why credit was declined.
- Make final recommendations.
- Close cases as needed.