Criminal Investigator Job Description
- Investigate criminal acts such as homicides, sexual assaults, armed robberies, home invasions, and property crimes such as burglaries.
- Collect and use forensic evidence to solve crimes.
- Interview informants, suspects, and witnesses to ascertain alibis, clues, time frames, and possible suspects.
- Keep detailed records.
- Bag evidence carefully and ensure it gets sent to proper department.
- Send specimens to laboratory to obtain DNA.
- Run fingerprints through database to obtain matches.
- Collect enough evidence to support a court case against a criminal.
- Process crime scenes.
- Request additional police assistance.
- File paperwork.
- Follow up on leads.
- Prepare investigative reports.
- Attend autopsies and make notes.
- Prepare sketches and diagrams.
- Explain to the jury the significance of evidence as it relates to proof.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of federal and state statutes and court cases related to work performed and agency rules and regulations.
- Obtain search warrants.
- Perform surveillance and monitor suspects.
- Analyze laboratory findings.
- Exchange information and coordinate activities with other departments.
- Record physical information about suspects.
- Take fingerprints at crime scene.
Job Description: Job Description If you have ever had an interest in serving your community while pursuing a career within the criminal justice and legal industry, this opportunit...
Overview Command & Control Technologies, a Comtech TCS division, provides cyber investigations training to Forensic Examiners, Investigators, System Administrators, or any other ...
Job Description: THIS POSITION IS ON CALL. INVESTIGATORS WILL BE CALLED FOR THE AREA THAT THEY SPECIALIZE IN. A THOROUGH DUE DILIGENCE INVESTIGATION WILL BE CONDUCTED ON CANDIDATE...