Responsible for operating machines that cut and slice food products such as cheese or meat. Threads machine with wrapping paper, adjusts dimensions, and cuts cheese or meat to specifications.
- Cut products such as cheese or meat using slicing machine.
- Thread wrapping paper into machine.
- Turn screws or adjust levers according to food product size.
- Type in dimensions on computerized slicing machine.
- Position slabs of meat or cheese on feeder bed.
- Ensure food is clamped in securely.
- Wear gloves and other safety gear.
- Start feeder.
- Guide meat or cheese through feeder.
- Select desired number and thickness of slices.
- Weigh meat to ensure correct number has been achieved.
- Receive customer feedback and correct issues.
- Ensure meat and cheese is properly wrapped.
- Throw out old meat and cheese.
- Place sliced stacks of food onto conveyors.
- Clean machines and inspect for malfunctions.
- Use equipment such as bags, conveyors and carts, hydraulic knives, power saws, rulers and scales, and crushing or shaving machines.
- Remove debris or clogs in machine.
- Stack and sort material according to type and size, for packaging, further processing, or shipping.
- Move scrap from machine using cart or lift truck.
- Mark cutting lines.
- Record data on amount and type of stock cut.
- Lubricate slicing machine.