Responsible for Using fluid body movements during musical productions including opera, ballroom, musical theater, ballet, and concerts. Dances alone, with partner, or in a group with goal of entertaining audience.
- Use coordinated movement to express emotions through dance set to music.
- Perform classical, modern, or acrobatic dances.
- Take cues and instruction from choreographers.
- Perform routines at rehearsals until moves are perfected.
- Work in tandem with other dancers to create an entire routine.
- Practice technique.
- Sing and/or provide other forms of entertainment.
- Present folk, ethnic, tap, jazz, or other popular kinds of dance.
- Go on tour with other performers for a certain period of time during the year.
- Promote performances if necessary.
- Maintain healthy lifestyle to accentuate performance.
- Teach instruction to dance students.
- Choreograph routines set to music.
- Take cues from music and adjust routine according to rhythm.