Database Administrator Job Description
- Create ways to store, organize, and present data.
- Work with businesses and managers to identify user needs.
- Perform complex technical, analytical and professional services involving program/member services, evaluation, database-driven Web sites, office operations.
- Administer a variety of database systems including Microsoft SQL Server, Filemaker Pro, and others.
- Maintain and administer Web server and middleware tools.
- Set up new computer databases.
- Integrate old systems data with new system.
- Test and coordinate modifications.
- Assume the technical lead for SQL Server and online database projects.
- Create high-level reporting systems.
- Audit, modify, and amend data in systems using SQL commands, hand-editing, and bulk import.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues as they arise.
- Ensure system is running smoothly.
- Add new users to the system as needed.
- Plan and coordinate security measures alongside network administrators.
- Enhance or build database designs.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Database Administrator JOBS
The U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Fort Detrick, Maryland conducts basic and applied research to develop products, information, procedure...
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant with strong writing skills to support Reports Writers at an intelligence agency located in the Northern Virginia area. Responsibi...
The United States Department of State’s (USDOS) mission is to shape and sustain a peaceful, prosperous, just, and democratic world and foster conditions for stability and progress ...