- Job Descriptions
- Database Designer
Responsible for producing and designing a detailed data model of a database, including all necessary logical and physical design elements.
- Determine purpose of database.
- Gather information that will be recorded in database.
- Divide information into tables.
- Turn information into columns.
- Specify primary keys.
- Set up table relationships.
- Refine and enhance design.
- Apply normalization rules to ensure tables are structured correctly.
- Make adjustments as necessary.
- Follow W3C programming standards to address accessibility guidelines.
- Develop structural design of various systems, applications, and databases for custom database-driven website.
- Coordinate information systems with program objectives.
- Code, document, and test programs.
- Create data migration/conversion techniques for system conversions or upgrades.
- Assist organizational members and clients with database-driven websites, network, database, and application training and technical support.
- Assist staff with internal systems, applications, and databases, including developing procedures, forms, and other organizational tools.