Delivery Services Truck Driver Job Description
- Deliver goods to people or companies.
- Take orders in person or over the phone.
- Determine address where package is going.
- Check to see if package is damaged.
- Load merchandise into van or truck.
- Follow traffic signs and street signs to get to destination.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle, adding fluids and oil as needed.
- Check tires, brakes, lights, and gas.
- Add fuel when running low.
- Take payments when needed.
- Present change and receipts.
- Ensure address on package matches up to delivery address.
- Monitor traffic conditions to avoid delays.
- Read and interpret maps and GPS directions.
- Maintain logs of packages delivered.
- Ensure inventory loads match shipping papers.
Companies with Similar Jobs
DRIVE: 26' (6) speed Freightliner. Load & unload delivery turcks. Update shipping/receiveing schedule. Wood working. Maintenance on vehicles, building & grounds. Customer Ser...
Chasin A Dream Trucking Inc. an independent contractor for FedEx Ground has an opening for a route delivery driver in the Cynthiana area.
* Sunbelt Rentals * United States * Shepherdsville, KY * General Business * Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers