Dental Assistant Job Description
- Assist dentist as he or she provides care to patient.
- Prepare dental instruments before treatment.
- Ensure instruments are properly sterilized.
- Collect and record patient health history.
- Determine allergies.
- Transfer instruments during procedure.
- Ensure patient is comfortable.
- Perform isolation techniques.
- Prepare cements, amalgam, composite, and impression materials.
- Perform dental charting.
- Manage dental emergencies.
- Perform inventory control.
- Order supplies as necessary.
- Take dental x-rays.
- Assess the condition of patient's teeth.
- Polish teeth to remove stains and deposits.
- Provide advice on proper oral hygiene and appropriate products to use.
- Apply fluoride treatments.
- Take impressions and bite registrations.
- Place and remove periodontal dressings.
- Remove sutures.
- Apply topical medications.
- Remove excess cement from restorations.
- Pour impressions to make stone and plaster models.
- Fabricate mouth guards and temporary crowns.
- Prepare casting models and dies.
- Perform patient care management.
We are currently recruiting for a dental assistant for dental services being provided at our Hanover Street location! We are looking for candidates who will perform all ne...
1 Requisition Number: 14-9155 Job Title: Dental Assistant Department: 12880-Dental City: Seattle State: Washington Location: Hospital Main Campus Secondary Location: Union: None Wo...