- Job Descriptions
- Direct Marketer
Responsible for promoting services and products to potential customers and up-selling or renewing existing customers.
- Promote products or services to potential customers.
- Increase sales by enhancing the exposure of products.
- Go door-to-door, make cold calls, or email customers to persuade them to buy products.
- Offer free gifts, discounts, incentives, coupons, vouchers, or tokens to convince customers.
- Design in-store displays, special events, direct mailings and advertising campaigns.
- Set price list.
- Negotiate fees and prices with customers.
- Ensure products arrive on time.
- Meet with clients to discuss products.
- Devise new marketing ideas.
- Ensure products are manufactured within budget.
- Perform extensive market research.
- Visit competitors to gain an advantage.
- Craft marketing messages for a targeted group of individuals.
- Include persuasive 'call-to-actions' in advertisements and promotions.
- Place orders for products.
- Design and write press releases.
- Track and analyze direct and interactive marketing campaigns.
- Use statistical analysis and reports to create campaigns.
- Coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases.
- Develop and code the list segmentation for all direct and interactive marketing campaigns and communicate requirements to the primary database vendor.
- Execute segmentation around brand plans.
- Perform data extraction and lead generation.
- Evaluate and optimize effectiveness of marketing campaigns.