Responsible for assisting callers by making calls, placing a collect call, supplying phone numbers, or advising on the cost of a call.
- Provide callers with customer service over the phone regarding placing collect calls, giving out phone numbers, and locating businesses.
- Supply caller with cost of a phone call.
- Run private branch exchange (PBX) switchboards for businesses and organizations.
- Facilitate person-to-person calls.
- Answer large volume of calls daily.
- Plug in headphones when signal light flashes on cord switchboard, or push switch keys on cordless switchboard to make connections.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Greet callers warmly.
- Obtain information from caller.
- Record details of each call.
- Look up local or long-distance telephone numbers.
- Use computerized alphabetical or geographical directories.
- Provide reports as needed.
- Interpret instructions on customer service procedures.
- Scan directory or microfilm viewer to locate number.