Sears, Roebuck and Co. - Pompano Beach, FL
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Installer II position drives truck over established route to deliver and provide basic installation of products.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Deliver and install appliance and/or plumbing product.
* Successfully passes Installer II certification which covers the installation of all products from Level I plus the following products into prepared openings: built-in ovens, dishwashers, built-in refrigerators, cook-tops, hoods, warming drawers, wine coolers and trash compactors.
* Drives truck to deliver appliances and plumbing products to homes or other locations.
* Writes customer orders and instructions.
* Records sales or delivery information on daily sales or delivery record.
* Listens to and reports service complaints.
* Loads truck.
* Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
* Cleans inside of truck.
* Performs routine inspections on vehicle.
* Ethics: Treats people with respect and keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others.
Works ethically and with integrity. Upholds organizational values.
* Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy. Shows respect and sensitivity to cultural differences. Educates others on the value of diversity. Promotes a harassment-free environment. Builds a diverse workforce.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Must be in an Installer II level for 90 days.
* One to three months related experience required.
* Excellent driving record.
* Must have current drivers license.
* Must provide a copy of a clean DMV report.
* Must be able to operate both manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
* Ability to lift and move products up to 600 lbs. (with proper equipment).
* Familiarity with delivery trade area.