Store Manager in Training (Diamond Bar, CA)
Sears, Roebuck and Co. - Diamond Bar, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Sears, Roebuck and Co... Sears, Roebuck and Co.
- Diamond Bar, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- 111318BR-CA-Diamond B...111318BR-CA-Diamond Bar
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Non Negotiable(s)/Critical Success Factors:
* Provide disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
* Adhere to the Store Manager scheduling requirements (weekly exceptions must be approved by the District Manager):
* Minimum of 2 nights per week
* Minimum of 2 weekends per month scheduled during peak hours (e.g., Friday night, Saturday mid-day through evening, Sunday)
* Follow the Playbook and the Weekly Walk processes to develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
* Execute customer focused strategies, policies and programs as measured by Customer Satisfaction, Survey data and verbatim comments.
* Select, develop and manage performance of individuals and team, measured by appropriate performance reports/scorecard, retention, internal promotions, training completion, and associate survey results.
* Attract, hire and on-board store staff as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
* Execute the client's (brand/business) plan consistently across all departments and provide ongoing fact based feedback.
* Consistently deliver acceptable compliance scores as measured by District Manager in the Standards Based Store Visit & Client Commitment tools.
* Focus and invest time on customer facing activities and processes.
* Ensure the store is operationally certified and every associate is certified to do his/her job.
* Monitor and proactively address outliers, e.g., customer satisfaction, sales, controllable costs, profit, margin, operational processes, and compliance against plan and/or established standards.
* Embed the Company return policy and Pledge of Fairness.
* Create and maintain a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
* Expect and inspect core processes and "clean and bright" standards.
* Expect and inspect execution of client's merchandising and operating plans.
* Provide first person coaching on the execution of action plans based on daily department walks, Customer Satisfaction Survey learnings, customer verbatims, and customer interactions.
* Be the customer advocate and surface opportunities to improve the end-to-end customer experience.
* Teach, model and lead ways to satisfy customers, find ways to say yes, e.g., helpful associates, complaint resolution, Store to Web.
* Leadership and People
* Personally support, coach and develop team members, creating an environment where our associates can be successful.
* Facilitate dialogue between front-line associates and the store leadership team.
* Focus the entrepreneurial energy of the team on delivering over the top customer service and associate pride.
* Build a strong bench of talent and strive to develop people for internal promotion.
* Lead and embed the new normal (changes resulting from transformation initiatives) and drive Retail Services plans/projects using common enterprise-wide tools, processes and language. (No store programs.)
* Understand, lead, and embed a standardized operating model that will earn preferred provider status in every store.
* Rigorously inspect compliance with our operating model for consistency across all departments.
* Execute and support the client's plan utilizing compliance score cards/audits to measure store execution and honor client commitments.
* Ensure that all initiatives and processes are in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
* Create a selling culture that will meet/exceed clients' sales plans.
* Lead and mo