Distribution manager Job Description
- Oversee warehouse operations.
- Order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements for machines.
- Oversee the transportation of goods from production site to consumer to client.
- Develop and implement a logistics process.
- Inventory goods that arrive from manufacturer.
- Review and approve purchase orders.
- Ship finished products.
- Handle incoming raw materials.
- Ascertain how much freight to place on shipments.
- Devise routes for shipments.
- Deploy truck drivers.
- Monitor progress of major shipments to ensure receipt.
- Direct the activities of logistics division.
- Collaborate with marketing executives to ensure that new products reach the right markets at the optimal time.
- Ensure goods are stored properly and at the right temperature.
- Conduct market research to learn about the demand for different goods. Convince retailers to carry their products.
- Determine what goods sell best to commercial businesses and consumers.
- Decide appropriate quantities of items to stock.
- Ensure inventory maintains optimal levels.
- Take orders over the phone, Internet, or through email.
- Put together catalogues advertising products.
- Visit retailers to demonstrate products.
- Negotiate contracts and prices.
Job Description CALIFORNIA 2950 JURUPA ST. ONTARIO, CA 91761 Uline Shipping Supply Specialists "The people I work with are as passionate as I am." "I came to Uline for a j...
JOB SUMMARY: * RESPONSIBLE FOR DEVELOPING/DRIVING THE VISION (AND GROWTH) OF THE CORPORATE CLIENT'SGLOBAL DISTRIBUTION FOOTPRINT, THIS INCLUDES (BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO) Ensuring ...