Distribution manager Job Description
- Oversee warehouse operations.
- Order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements for machines.
- Oversee the transportation of goods from production site to consumer to client.
- Develop and implement a logistics process.
- Inventory goods that arrive from manufacturer.
- Review and approve purchase orders.
- Ship finished products.
- Handle incoming raw materials.
- Ascertain how much freight to place on shipments.
- Devise routes for shipments.
- Deploy truck drivers.
- Monitor progress of major shipments to ensure receipt.
- Direct the activities of logistics division.
- Collaborate with marketing executives to ensure that new products reach the right markets at the optimal time.
- Ensure goods are stored properly and at the right temperature.
- Conduct market research to learn about the demand for different goods. Convince retailers to carry their products.
- Determine what goods sell best to commercial businesses and consumers.
- Decide appropriate quantities of items to stock.
- Ensure inventory maintains optimal levels.
- Take orders over the phone, Internet, or through email.
- Put together catalogues advertising products.
- Visit retailers to demonstrate products.
- Negotiate contracts and prices.
Amphenol is a worldwide electronics leader and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of interconnect products. Amphenol is listed on the NYSE and a component of the S&P 500 and ...
Researcher/Assistant Producer, WLIW The Major Market Group Arts Initiative is a Content Management Sharing System spearheaded by WNET that will facilitate sharing of video and W...
The Worldwide Media Distribution (WWMD) division of Sesame Workshop is seeking a Vice President, Interactive Media Distribution and Services. The Vice President will be responsibl...