Distribution manager Job Description
- Oversee warehouse operations.
- Order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements for machines.
- Oversee the transportation of goods from production site to consumer to client.
- Develop and implement a logistics process.
- Inventory goods that arrive from manufacturer.
- Review and approve purchase orders.
- Ship finished products.
- Handle incoming raw materials.
- Ascertain how much freight to place on shipments.
- Devise routes for shipments.
- Deploy truck drivers.
- Monitor progress of major shipments to ensure receipt.
- Direct the activities of logistics division.
- Collaborate with marketing executives to ensure that new products reach the right markets at the optimal time.
- Ensure goods are stored properly and at the right temperature.
- Conduct market research to learn about the demand for different goods. Convince retailers to carry their products.
- Determine what goods sell best to commercial businesses and consumers.
- Decide appropriate quantities of items to stock.
- Ensure inventory maintains optimal levels.
- Take orders over the phone, Internet, or through email.
- Put together catalogues advertising products.
- Visit retailers to demonstrate products.
- Negotiate contracts and prices.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Distribution manager JOBS
Senior Coordinator, Legal Records The Senior Coordinator, Legal Records will work with WNET’s Corporate Legal Department to maintain and support the uniform file structure for t...
The Circulation Manager manages, executes, and analyzes renewals, billing, controlled circulation and Free-to-Paid conversions programs and promotions for NEJM Group print and digi...
For more than 200 years, the Massachusetts Medical Society has served as a professional membership organization for physicians. Today, through the combined efforts of our 400 empl...