- Job Descriptions
- Door-to-door Sales Worker
Responsible for going door-to-door and selling merchandise or services. Sets up and demonstrates product, negotiates sale, and completes paperwork. May check up on clients repeatedly.
- Travel to different neighborhoods and suburbs going door-to-door with the goal of selling merchandise or services such as life insurance, vacuum cleaners, knives, or magazine subscriptions.
- Sets up and demonstrates product and shows how customer can maximize product features.
- Show a presentation on product features.
- Convince client to purchase product using a script or persuasive technique.
- Distribute product samples.
- Hand out pamphlets.
- Write up orders for merchandise.
- Negotiate prices and create tickets.
- Take payments such as cash, credit, or check.
- Travel by foot, truck, automobile, or bicycle to deliver or sell merchandise or services.
- Make change.
- Develop prospect list or lead list.
- Circle back and check on customers who are in the position to buy the product.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Work an assigned territory, often up to 30-50 houses or locations per day.
- Win back or upgrade current or former customers.
- Assist with installation of product.
- Tell customers why product is better than competitors.
- Suggest specific product purchases.
- Clean up demonstration area before leaving.