Editor Job Description
- Review and revise content written by other writers.
- Prepare material for publications such as newspapers, books, magazines, or other publications.
- Review story ideas proposed by staff and freelance writers.
- Delegate articles to staff writers.
- Review and edit drafts of books and articles and provide commentary to support revision.
- Correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Oversee the production of publications.
- Review proposals for books.
- Buy publication rights from authors.
- Hire and supervise writing staff.
- Plan budgets and negotiate contracts with freelance writers.
- Check copy for style and readability.
- Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
- Fact-check articles.
- Carry out research and confirm sources for writers.
- Discuss projects with artists, typesetters, layout personnel, marketing directors, and production managers.
- Arrange page layouts of articles, photographs, and advertising.
- Help writer compose headlines.
- Prepare final copy for print.
- The Editor is responsible for editing projects for internal, corporate, in-store and online needs, and ensuring that these are delivered on schedule. - The Editor contributes ...
Editor who can work semi-independently in a promotional agency environment with assigned brand teams to enforce quality control across core editorial functions (editing, factchecki...
Auto req ID 1207BR Title Editor Location/Division Yardley, PA Job Description Job: Editor Job location: Yardley, PA StayWell is one of the nation s ...