- Job Descriptions
- Electrical Engineer
Responsible for the design, development, and production of electrical equipment. Supervises the manufacturing and installation of equipment and corrects flaws or malfunctions.
- Design and develop electrical equipment, including electric motors, machinery controls, lighting, and wiring in buildings, radar and navigation systems, communications systems; and power generation, control, and transmission devices used by electric utilities.
- Design the electrical systems of automobiles and aircraft.
- Handle the development of lighting, wiring systems, electric motors, navigation systems, and utilities
- Test equipment and isolate defects.
- Create best routes for power supplies.
- Integrate components into the final design.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
- Build, test and modify product prototypes.