Embalmer Job Description
- Prepare dead bodies for burial.
- Remove body place where person died.
- Take body to funeral home.
- Fill out paperwork.
- Log personal items.
- Write down any bruising, discoloration, or cuts that are manifest on the body.
- Document procedures and chemicals to be used.
- Remove clothing, bandages, and anything else upon the body.
- Use disinfectant to cleanse skin and face.
- Massage muscles if rigor mortis has set in to loosen them.
- Shave male and female faces with razor.
- Place limbs in ideal position for viewing.
- Glue eyelids together or place cotton balls behind eyelids to prevent dehydration.
- Tie jaw together with piece of suture string.
- Place mouth former in mouth to shape it.
- Glue lips in place.
- Squeeze caulk inside mouth to give it a fuller shape.
- Mix embalming fluid and prepare for injection.
- Inject embalming fluid into artery.
- Drain blood from a nearby vein simultaneously.
- Inject chemicals into other areas of the body.
- Ensure blood is drained into sewer system.
- Remove arterial and jugular tubes and tie vessels shut.
- Suction fluids out of internal organs with trocar.
- Inject cavity fluid into torso.
- Wash body and hair to remove chemicals.
- Apply makeup to face and hands and trim nails.
- Style hair and place clothes on decedent.
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular Security ------------------------- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Educati...
Licensed Funeral Director: Conduct, supervise or arrange for the removal or transfer of each decedent. He/she shall embalm, coordinate, conduct and/or supervise funeral, memoria...
* Come work for RN Network * We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Medical/Surgical RN to join our growing team of nursing professionals! Med/Surg RNs offer skills ne...