11 Tips for Highly Effective Meetings
By: Tracy Cole, Marketing Manager, America's Job Exchange
Unorganized meetings are the worst!
Everyone has been in a meeting that seems to never end, nothing is accomplished and you walk away wondering why you were even invited or why this could not have been covered in an email... you are not alone! Meetings, in the workplace, are necessary for exchanging opinions, ideas and collaborating to move projects forward or improve what already exists. Employees should feed excited about participating and contributing to the betterment of their business skills and the growth of their company.
Organizations need to set expectations, so that a positive, constructive and professional experience is had by all employees. All it takes is a little preparation.
- Create Clear Agendas - Be specific with your objectives
- Double Check Your Attendees - Invite only those qualified to contribute
- Distribute Essential Material - Send out meeting critical documents ahead of time
- Tool Preparation - Arrive early to make sure all meeting tools are ready to go
- Check Your Clock - Time management is vital for accountability
- Limit Technology - Devices are distracting, use only what is required
- Take Notes - Designate a note taker to guarantee all communication is captured
- Stay on Topic - Comments and questions should be concise and pertain to the agenda
- Create Next Steps - Translate key takeaways and provide an action plan
- Maintain Meeting Spaces - Rooms should be left as you found them, or better
- Review the Results - Follow up on your action plans and evaluate the results
Every employee, no matter their title, should lead by example and follow basic office etiquette to ensure all meetings are efficient, productive and add value.
Don't miss the 2018 ILG National Conference in Anaheim, CA 7/31 – 8/3. AJE proud to be a speaker and exhibitor at the premier industry event.
Affirmative Action planning is a critical piece of any OFCCP compliance program. AJE has an exclusive partnership with OutSolve to provide support in this key area.
Need More Information?
If you'd like to schedule a demo or are interested in any of our OFCCP, diversity or recruiting services, submit the form below and an AJE team member will contact you.