Responsible for interviewing potential candidates for jobs within a company.
- Source potential job candidates for open job orders.
- Advertise jobs in the newspaper, online, at employment agencies, and at local colleges.
- Provide forms for job seekers to fill out.
- Ensure completed forms have the following: work history, references, salary range, skills, and education.
- File papers or input information into computer database.
- Interview applicants to determine if person is a match for job opening.
- Ask questions about work history and performance.
- Review resumes and make suggestions on improvement.
- Ascertain proper salary range for job seeker.
- Match job seeker to potential opportunities.
- Contact company and pitch job seeker to appropriate hiring manager.
- Send clients on interviews.
- Ensure job seeker has instructions on directions and with whom they're interviewing with.
- Coach job seeker on proper attire, good answers to questions, and follow up methods.
- Contact companies who do not have a job opening in the hopes they will consider candidate for future opportunities.
- Check applicant's references.
- Fill temporary or contract jobs with candidates.
- Negotiate salaries, fees, and benefits.
- Recommend employment resources, training, and educational programs for the unemployed.