Responsible for assembling machines and engines. Constructs or rebuilds machines, tests engines, and performs maintenance as needed.
- Construct and assemble machines and engines.
- Use hoists to position and align components.
- Complete testing.
- Verify functioning and conformance to specifications.
- Install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or subassemblies.
- Install systems of gears.
- Align and mesh gears in gearboxes.
- Read and interpret schematics, blueprints, and drawings.
- Verify conformance of parts to stock lists and blueprints, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges, and micrometer.
- Verify parts clearances.
- Smooth out rough spots and trim or fit surfaces using power tools.
- Repair or replace damaged parts.
- Set up and operate metalworking machines, such as milling and grinding machines, to shape or fabricate parts.
- Inspect subassemblies.
- Lubricate or grease parts.
- Lay out and drill, ream, tap, or cut parts for assembly.
- Use calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
- Assemble other machines as needed.
- Perform regular repairs and update parts.