English Language & Literature Teacher Job Description
- Instruct students on interpreting literature.
- Assign books to read, including classics and contemporary novels.
- Help students interpret literature and poetry.
- Provide background on authors' life and works.
- Teach students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Teach about different literary styles.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
Applications are being accepted for general consideration for this position. FLVS recruits year round to develop a teacher candidate pool to serve our anticipated student needs. At...
JOB DESCRIPTION General Description: Teachers needed for Head Start at various Centers within Palm Beach County. These are regular full time positions with benefits. Serves as ...