Fresenius Medical Care - Salisbury, MDThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Fresenius Medical Car... Fresenius Medical Care
- Salisbury, MD
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
DescriptionProvide your personal attention and kindness, professional insight, and a generosity of spirit. Offer expertise and encouragement. Enhance each patient s future as well as your own.
Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here, we make connections that empower patients, their families, and our team members. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we form bonds that enable the best possible outcomes and professional satisfaction. While our extensive organization continues to grow, so do opportunities for our professionals to learn, grow, and advance.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you ll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you ll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation s largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune s World s Most Admired Companies in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Take this exceptional opportunity to contribute to the success of a premier healthcare organization. Traveling as needed, this natural leader will manage the day-to-day operations and activities of assigned dialysis facilities within a defined territory. The individual we select will provide effective direction and management to achieve goals in a variety of areas encompassing customer service, quality patient care, training, and finance. This position is the primary liaison among the company and external medical directors, hospitals, physicians and government agencies.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Manages the day to day operations and activities of assigned dialysis facilities and programs ensuring compliance with established company and regulatory guidelines and procedures in order to provide high quality dialysis services and outstanding patient care to the community. Participates in the implementation of divisional and company initiatives and strategies. Practices cost containment strategies, maintaining profitability and growth of area while ensuring compliance with all pertinent company policies and regulatory requirements.
Supports FMCNA s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manages a dialysis business within a defined area providing effective leadership and management of all aspects of customer service, quality patient care, and finance. Coordinates operation strategies and activities to ensure the provision of outstanding quality patient care and dialysis services while adhering to regulatory and company guidelines and requirements ensuring efficiency and economy
- Participates in the development of area strategic plans, goals and objectives ensuring alignment with those of the region, division and company. Implements, disseminates and administers operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the division s and company s goals and objectives. Implements facility-specific and area quality goals and action plans in order to achieve FMS quality standards.
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to facility management including clinical and technical managers and other support staff. Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process. Manages the staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions in collaboration with HR.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting upon adverse events and action thresholds in area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with RVP to develop clinic budgets, monitoring performance to ensure optimal, efficient and effective operations practices within regulatory and company guidelines.
- Responsible for profit and loss management of each assigned facility/program including optimal performance of facility operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance indicators.
- Works closely with Managed Care department to increase the payor mix and to retain commercial patients.
- Manages the payroll and oversees facility expenses and accounts payable for the assigned area practicing cost containment strategies as appropriate.
- Reviews the balance sheet and income statement s regarding revenue growth and commercial payor mix on a frequent basis to understand the status of the business.
- Determines impact of proposed changes and identified improvements prior to implementation to ensure a positive effect.
- Accountable for implementing and driving the FMS Staffing and Medical Supply Models and other FMS business initiatives including the prompt implementation of corrective action plans for clinics with below threshold performance.
- Ensures efficient and economical performance in accordance with clinic operating budgets and takes the appropriate actions to ensure the attainment of profit and year-end goals and objectives. Responsible for the implementation and achievement of the business plan and key performance indicators. Reviews analysis of performance including financial and productivity data for area with RVP and makes the appropriate changes in strategies, goals an objectives responding to current status and conditions. Coordinates and oversees all logistics associated with patient care within the assigned area.
- Ensures all employees receive the appropriate training and education according to FMS policies and procedures including ongoing compliance training.
- Acts as the primary liaison between the company and the Medical Directors, Medical Advisory Board members, and referring physicians, ensuring appropriate communication of company initiatives. Responsible for developing and maintaining strong Medical Director and physician relationships and facilitating Clinical Manager and staff relationships with physicians.
- Presides over facility Governing Body and maintains Administrative policy and procedure manuals.
- Collaborates with the Group Vice President and Regional Vice President to respond to Joint Venture (JV) opportunities, to identify merger and acquisition opportunities and to participate in the related activities as appropriate. This may include but is not limited