Senior Real Time Trader
TransCanada - Westborough, MA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The following permanent position reports to the Manager, New England Real Time Optimization. The successful candidate will have regular contact with business partners and management and must be competent in performing non-routine activities with minimal supervision.
We anticipate filling this position locally and therefore, this position is not eligible for domestic or cross-border relocation.
- Develop and submit schedules for generator assets and demand requirements;
- Manage resources to meet ISO-NE, and license requirements;
- Ancillary service trading and analysis;
- Continually evaluate Market conditions, plant limitations, maintenance outages, and curtailments;
- Work with RT Manager to develop day ahead and possibly hour ahead offer strategies;
- Negotiate purchases and sales of energy, capacity, ancillary services to meet load requirements;
- Developing trading relationships with new counterparties;
- Compliance with internal limits and requirements, including credit and market exposure limits;
- Utilize various market applications, including but not limited to, Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), ISO-NE, tagging procedures, etc.;
- Manage resources to meet NPCC/NERC reliability criteria during all operating conditions.
It is expected that the successful candidate will take on increased duties and responsibilities outside those listed above.
Qualifications and Education
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail a must;
- Self starter who can work with minimal supervision and manage competing priorities under tight deadlines;
- Ability to apply skills and knowledge to changing issues and situations;
- The drive to learn and succeed;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Working knowledge/understanding of the Power Industry with especially ISO-NE market rules and procedures and surroundings Power Pools;
- Proven team player and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships;
- Incumbents must have the ability to work, as assigned to schedules that may include Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and non-traditional work hours and willingness to work overtime as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics or Economics. Masters Degree in Business or related financial discipline preferred;
- 5+ years experience in the energy industry would be an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Please apply to this posting by August 20,2012.
To apply, go to https://careers.transcanada.com/erc/apply.htm and enter reference code
To view all of our job postings or to learn more about TransCanada go to http://www.transcanada.com/careers/
Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career options.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employeer.