Environmental Compliance Inspector Job Description
- Inspect and investigate pollution sources.
- Inform proper health officials of possible contamination sites.
- Evaluate labels for accuracy and conformance to regulations.
- Keep abreast of EPA laws and regulations.
- Help develop spill prevention programs and hazardous waste rules and regulations.
- Recommend corrective actions for spills and contamination.
- Conduct research on hazardous waste management projects.
- Collect water or wastewater samples for analysis.
- Report violations to government agencies.
- Examine permits, licenses, applications, and records to ensure compliance.
- Inspect waste pretreatment, treatment, and disposal facilities and systems.
- Interview individuals suspected of violations.
- Determine extent of violation and report to proper authorities.
- Investigate reports regarding illegal dumping, pollution, pesticides, product quality, or labeling laws.
- Return to sites where illegal activity was reported to ascertain if compliance has been restored.
- Analyze flow meter readings and chemical levels.
- Perform laboratory tests on samples.
- Confirm hazardous chemicals are handled, stored, and disposed of in accordance with regulations.
Permanent positions for a Junior Environmental Scientist and a Senior Environmental Scientist, working on asbestos, mold, lead and indoor air quality projects in New York State and...
The Northeast Health District has multiple openings for Environmental Health Specialists. Work as a member of an Environmental Health team to provide Environmental Health assessmen...
Description Make a Difference Sr. Construction Inspector - San Pedro, CA Parsons offers the U.S. Government qualified personnel to solve engineering, intelligence, information te...