Environmental Science Technician Job Description
- Develop programs to monitor environmental pollution and other environmental factors.
- Collect and observe pollutants in laboratory experiments.
- Clean, sterilize, set up, and break down laboratory equipment.
- Set up various equipment and stations in the field to monitor pollution.
- Identify and collect samples of gases, soils, water, industrial wastewater, and asbestos products to conduct tests on pollutant levels and identify sources of pollution.
- Record test data into databases and compare with historical data.
- Prepare reports using data and create summaries, charts, and test results.
- Work under the supervision of environmental scientists.
- Write reports describing the effects of pollution to assist with compliance regulations.
- Help with clean-up at polluted sites.
- Use complex instrumentation and advanced monitoring and testing equipment.
- Maintain hazardous waste databases.
- Write diagrams describing equipment locations.
- Using chemical usage data create databases.
- Collect pollutants at manufacturing plants, streams, rivers, forests, smoke stacks, or beside mechanical equipment.
O'Brien & Gere has become more than an engineering solutions company throughout our history of creating a better future since 1945. At the center of our story are clients ranging f...
Permanent positions for a Junior Environmental Scientist and a Senior Environmental Scientist, working on asbestos, mold, lead and indoor air quality projects in New York State and...
Position SummaryThe individual is responsible for the minimization of the facility's exposure to losses that can result from environmental regulatory non-compliance, potential futu...