Responsible for evaluating companies to ensure they are in compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies. Investigates reports of noncompliance and acts as an arbitrator to settle disputes in the cases of equal opportunity complaints.
- Investigate violations of equal opportunity laws and policies to ensure companies are employing people without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- Monitor and evaluate companies on a consistent basis.
- Maintain records of violations.
- Interpret civil rights laws for individuals and employers.
- Clarify issues regarding equal opportunity complaints.
- Evaluate companies to determine if systematic discrimination is occurring.
- Process complaints and act as arbitrator to mediate disputes between individuals and companies.
- Develop guidelines for non-discriminatory employment practices.
- Keep informed on all current equal opportunity and affirmative action issues.
- Provide procedural information to complainants on filing charges of failure to adhere to equal opportunity and affirmative action policies and procedures, or requesting the services of the Division of Equal Opportunity Development (DEOD).
- Disseminate information from the Division of Equal Opportunity Development.
- Maintain open lines of communications and feedback for employees who have reported discrimination.
- Record final rulings of cases that involve discrimination.