Event Coordinator Job Description
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Book talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys.
- Select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for event.
- Sample food and select dishes for menus.
- Visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations.
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event.
- Edit and design promotional materials.
- Prepare presentations.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Negotiate and secure event space.
- Secure sponsorships.
- Work with printer and designer to develop event invitations.
- Create invitee list.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
- Hire staff to manage the event, including bouncers and security personnel.
- Manage correspondence.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Event Coordinator JOBS
Grant Coordinator provides all administration and coordination of the CAMINO grant in the Health Sciences Department at California State University, Northridge. Duties: •Resp...
JOB OVERVIEW The Senior Administrative Assistant (SAA) will support the office of the President and CEO and the development office of Judge Baker Children’s Center (JBCC). The...
Overview: Responsible for Office Services and Reception functions for the Western Asset New York office, under the direction of the Manager of Office Services and HR Manager. ...