Responsible for managing events and ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to. Directs coordination of activities to prepare for the day of the event.
- Manage staff responsible for event coordination activities.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Hire, train, and educate staff on proper event procedures.
- Calculate budgets and adjust when necessary.
- Book venues and negotiate fees.
- Prepare invitations and send out at appropriate time.
- Hire bartenders and wait staff.
- Work with guest of honor to ensure all requests are met.
- Drive attendance to the event.
- Promote the event using flyers, cold calling, and social media as examples of ways to spark attention.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation.
- Define company brand through events.
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event.
- Pay vendors for their participation in the event.
- Provide receipts if needed.
- Ensure day of event goes smoothly.
- Set up booths, flowers, decorations, and other event decor.
- Plan menus, order food, and hire chefs or caterers.
- Sample food, including main dishes and desserts.
- Give final approval for items such as music and menus.