- Job Descriptions
- Exhibit Designer
Responsible for designing spaces at trade shows, on design sets, or at facilities like museums. Creates vision for exhibition and oversees set design and production.
- Use creative license to design spaces for exhibition.
- Meet with client to determine vision and direction of space.
- Plan budget and timeline for project.
- Gather materials and sketch out draft of exhibition.
- Arranges for acquisition of specimens or graphics.
- Confer with administrative, curatorial, and exhibit staff members to determine theme, content, and informational purpose.
- Submit plans for approval.
- Visit exhibition site often during planning and setup phase.
- Work on actual construction of exhibition.
- Consult with client on lighting and placement of exhibits.
- Recommend solutions for design problems.
- Ensure final exhibit conforms to specifications.
- Utilize design techniques to produce desired visual effect.