Responsible for supervising the excavating and boring at construction sites, especially at mines. Sets up schedules, reads blueprints, confers with supervisors, directs others while job is being completed.
- Supervise assistants.
- Train, hire, and terminate assistants and workers.
- Compile reports.
- Estimate budgets.
- Keep project phases on track.
- Prepare area to be drilled.
- Clean up and remove debris.
- Set up extracting and boring equipment.
- Ensure machines are working properly and nothing is malfunctioning.
- Transport parts and materials.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Monitor equipment and cranes during operation.
- Place materials into well holes.
- Assist workers in placing drilling or boring equipment near specified site using blueprints.
- Remove debris after excavation.
- Dig trenches.
- Signal workers when job has been completed.
- Follow safety standards.
- Supply outfits and equipment to workers.
- Keep materials clean and organized.
- Work with project manager to determine schedules.