Extruding Machine Operator Job Description
- Select machine dies.
- Determine setup procedures.
- Draw or press metal into shapes and diameters.
- Reel extruded products into rolls.
- Specify lengths and weights of rolls.
- Replace worn dies.
- Set controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, and temperature.
- Synchronize speed of extrusion.
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Locate defects on extruded products.
- Check for conformance to specifications.
- Adjust controls as necessary.
- Splice cables.
- Install, connect, test, and adjust equipment.
- String lines or install terminal boxes.
- Clean tools.
- Position insulation over conductors.
- Seal splices with moisture-proof covering.
- Access areas by climbing pols and ladders.
- Remove excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines.
- Operate machines that extrude filaments from synthetic materials such as rayon, fiberglass, or liquid polymers.
- Start metering pumps.
- Activate and adjust extruding machines.
Extruder Operator3rd Shift Extruder Operator Job Duties:-Communicate with other operators to ensure that a quality product is produced-Operate a variety of machines such as mixer u...
Extruding Operator 100Now Hiring Production Operators for food Manufacturer in Irwindale CA. Must be mechanically inclined, good math skills, able to set up and operate machine. Ap...
Metal and plastic machine workers set up and operate machines that cut, shape, and form metal and plastic materials or pieces. Duties Metal and plastic machine workers typically do...