- Job Descriptions
- Fence Erector
Responsible for building fences around property, including residences, farms, and buildings. Measures square footage to ascertain length of fence, orders materials, and erects fence.
- Measure square footage of yard or property that fence will enclose.
- Blast away any rocks or debris and remove trees.
- Establish fence line with customer.
- Give estimates on parts and materials.
- Provide scope of job and how long it will take.
- Order the special metal or wood needed for the job.
- Saw metal or lumber and cut tubing.
- Measure fence lines and posthole positions.
- Align posts using plumb bobs or levels.
- Insert metal tubing into rail supports.
- Dig postholes, using spades, posthole diggers, or power-driven augers.
- Mix and pour concrete around bases of posts, or tamp soil into postholes to embed posts.
- Attach fence rail supports to posts and secure tightly.
- Attach wire, wire mesh, or chain link fencing between posts.
- Weld parts together.
- Assemble gates and attach gates to fence.
- Use metal sleeves to complete top fence rails.
- Repair dings or holes in fences.
- Build training walls and trellises.
- Build picket fences using pointed slats and rails.