- Job Descriptions
- File Clerk
Responsible for maintaining a company's records. Codes, files, and retrieves records as needed and ensures system is well organized.
- File records away in alphabetical or numerical order.
- Code files for proper placement.
- Retrieve files as necessary.
- Ensure if files are loaned out that they come back.
- Clean and maintain file space.
- Manage all databases and records.
- Purge old files.
- Create new entries as needed.
- Log all files that removed.
- Fax and photocopy files.
- Deliver via interoffice methods.
- Ensure files are accessible and that room is well lit.
- Provide ladders for higher filing cabinets.
- Process and scan files to be entered into computer in digital database.
- Work with electronic storage media, such as hard drives, floppy drives, and CD-ROMs.
- Store information on microfilm.
- Use scanners to convert forms, receipts, and reports into electronic format.
- Ensure no materials in file are lost.
- Be able to explain filing system to others.