Film & Video Editor Job Description
- Edit film until it meets director's specifications.
- Watch scenes and determine which will end up on cutting room floor.
- Rearrange scenes.
- Work with and manipulate raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
- Determine which camera angles to use.
- Insert music, sound, or optical effects.
- Use nonlinear digital editing systems to edit clips.
- Work with work prints to organize the scenes and transitions that make up a film.
- Create edit decision lists to correspond to the edge numbers.
- Edit film for commercials, station identification, and public service messages on television films and tapes.
- Check films for damage.
- Purge damaged or old tapes.
- Work on feature films, television programs, music videos, corporate training videos or advertisements.
- Reorder and tweak the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Input uncut rushes and sound.
- Determine exact cutting for final stages.
- Work with director to achieve desired end result.
BROADCAST PRODUCTION / CONTENT CREATION - FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES FCB Health is always looking for great talent for our content creation team. If you have a passion for filmmakin...
below Scheduling and Logistics Coordinator to support the Video team in all aspects of production. Responsible for managing production budgets throughout assigned projects, while c...
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Wheth...