Responsible for providing financial advice and guidance to companies making investment decisions, which includes analyzing bonds, stocks, and commodities and a company's financial statements to help them make lucrative financial moves.
- Analyze company financial statements and commodity prices, sales, costs, expenses, and tax rates to determine a company's value.
- Employ statistical software and spreadsheets to study financial information.
- Determine the value of securities.
- Analyze all factors in the industry that influence the price of the companies' stocks.
- Analyze how new regulations, policies, and political and economic trends may impact investments.
- Evaluate the risk in portfolio decisions, project potential losses, and determine how to limit potential losses and volatility using diversification and other investment decisions
- Explain investment decisions and strategies in meetings with investors.
- Devise investment strategies.
- Perform budget, cost, and credit analysis
- Supervise a team of analysts and select the mix of products, industries, and regions for their company’s investment portfolio.
- Evaluate the ability of companies or governments to pay their debts.
- Oversee hedge and mutual funds.
- Work with individuals to protect and assert their best economist interests.