Responsible for directing financial strategies at a company and overseeing the preparation of financial reports and direct investment activities. Approve or reject lines of credit and commercial, real estate, and personal loans.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of financial reports, such as income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future earnings or expenses.
- Manage the activities of workers in branches, offices, or departments of such establishments as branch banks, brokerage firms, risk and insurance departments, or credit departments.
- Summarize and forecast on the state of the company's financial affairs.
- Preside over budgets to set and meet goals.
- Oversee the investment of funds, manage associated risks, supervise cash management activities, and execute capital-raising strategies to support the firm's expansion.
- Establish procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities, in order to ensure safekeeping.
- Coordinate risk and insurance programs of establishments to control risks and losses.
- Prepare risk reports for management conferral.
- Communicate risks and profits with stockholders and other investors.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting and collection procedures, and investment activities, and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, and other financial control functions.
- Monitor and control the flow of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Determine whether loans must be obtained to meet cash requirements or whether surplus cash can be invested.
- Solicit business, authorize loans, and direct the investment of funds, always adhering to Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Develop financial and accounting systems for banking transactions.