- Job Descriptions
- Financial Planner
Responsible for helping individuals and companies individuals examine their immediate and long-term financial situations to appropriate use their savings, income, and make investments. Analyze financial situations to determine risk, reward, and opportunity.
- Prepares financial and business related analysis and research.
- Draft consolidated forecasts and budgets and analyzes trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas.
- Develop financial review templates and meetings.
- Devise debt liquidation plans that include payoff priorities and timelines.
- Explain to clients the details of financial assistance available to college and university students, such as loans, grants, and scholarships.
- Implement financial planning recommendations.
- Determine clients' current income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives, risk tolerance, and other information needed to develop a financial plan.
- Monitor market trends.
- Make recommendations in areas such as areas as cash management, insurance coverage, and investment planning.
- Sell financial products.
- Review clients' accounts and plans regularly to determine life changes that would affect financial strategy.
- Collect information from students to determine their eligibility for specific financial aid programs.
- Convene with clients' other advisors, including attorneys, accountants, trust officers, and investment bankers, to fully understand clients' financial goals and circumstances.
- Open accounts for clients and disburse funds according to financial goals.