- Job Descriptions
- Financial Specialist
Responsible for selling products and services at a financial institution such as a bank. Meets with customers to determine needs and presents products accordingly.
- Assess clients' financial situation to determine if they need financial services such as investment services, insurance, or certificates of deposit.
- Recommend both short-term and long-term investment options for clients.
- Understand investment goals and recommend asset selection strategies.
- Develop corrective financial action plans.
- Prepare budget and cost reports for management.
- Analyze and report variances for projects.
- Perform or assist with financial compliance and procedural audits.
- Ensure that a company's internal controls and policies are functional and adequate, and that they comply with regulatory rules.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), industry practices and regulatory guidelines.