Fire Prevention Specialist Job Description
- Create methods dealing with fire prevention.
- Inspect buildings and homes for dangerous fire hazards.
- Suggest ways to minimize dangers.
- Plan changes in older buildings to make them safer.
- Study dangerous processes or materials and create safety measures for handling them.
- Teach workers and managers how to handle fires and best ways to escape.
- Advise manufacturers on how to create fire protection equipment.
- Inspect buildings for insurance purposes to determine causes of fire.
- Design and install fire safety equipment.
- Keep municipal properties safe from fire.
- Ensure public observes fire protection regulations.
- Hold training sessions on fire protection and prevention.
- Evaluate fire departments.
- Conduct research on fire retardants.
- Design fire detection equipment, alarm systems, and fire extinguishing devices.
- Identify potential fire hazards in buildings, such as water supplies, exit locations, and construction materials.
- Research methods to extinguish fires and ignition sources.
- Advise on how to extinguish large-scale fires.
Job Description United States Steel Corporation has an immediate opening for a fire protection specialist based in Pittsburgh, PA. The job responsibilities will focus on fire p...
We are looking for a SAFETY SPECIALIST for a large manufacturing plant near Aiken, SC. This person will report to the Safety Manager and together they will direct and coordinate al...
As you might imagine, Army National Guard Firefighters perform the same basic duties as their civilian counterparts. Army bases have their own fire protection services responsible ...