Floor Layer Job Description
- Inspect and clean surface in preparation for material.
- Measure area to determine amount of materials needed.
- Confer with architect or homeowner to determine ideal material and layout.
- Correct defects such as a sub-floor that is unleveled or contains rotted wood.
- Sweep, scrape, sand, or chip dirt and irregularities from base surfaces, and fill cracks with putty, plaster, or cement grout to form smooth foundation.
- Order flooring materials.
- Negotiate prices and provide estimates on how long the job will take.
- Cut flooring materials.
- Use adhesive to glue material to floor.
- Unroll and install polyethylene film.
- Install padded underlayer to reduce noise.
- Install floor covering and ensure there are no cracks.
- Clean up leftover adhesives.
- Mop up floors and inspect finished product for flaws.
- Replace any defective flooring material.
- Supervise flooring assistants.
- Work with carpenters, carpet installers, architects, engineers, and other workers to get appropriate job specs.
Value Carpet One in Salisbury, MD is looking for Floor Covering Installer Helper. This job entails assisting the Floor Covering Mechanic in installing and taking up floor coverings...
Value Carpet One in Salisbury, MD is looking for Floor Covering Mechanics. This job entails installing and taking up floor coverings. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Estimates, ...
In this role, the selected candidate will prepare interconnect solutions using control/monitoring system elements (control panel, cables, controllers, switches, sensors, etc.) for ...