Floor Sander & Finisher Job Description
- Remove imperfections and smooth wood.
- Use sanders and other tools to smooth floors.
- Confer with carpenters on scope of project.
- Provide estimations on scope and budget.
- Apply coats of varnish or polyurethane.
- Work with several different types of wood.
- Calibrate floor sanding machines.
- Measure spaces.
- Cover furniture with drop cloths to protect fabric.
- Examine floors and remove excess glue after process.
- Use implements such as a knife or wood chisel.
- Sand wood surfaces by hand using sandpaper.
- Apply sealant using brushes or rollers, often applying multiple coats.
- Apply filler compound.
- Sink protruding nails.
- Use smaller devices called edgers to get into small spaces.
- Refasten or replace pieces of old flooring before sanding.
- Sweep and vacuum floor after sanding.
- Finish floors with buffer or light sander.
Job Description: Job Description Smooth, shape, and touch up surfaces to prepare them for finishing, using sandpaper, pumice stones, steel wool, chisels, sanders, or grinders. F...
Value Carpet One in Salisbury, MD is looking for Floor Covering Installer Helper. This job entails assisting the Floor Covering Mechanic in installing and taking up floor coverings...
Value Carpet One in Salisbury, MD is looking for Floor Covering Mechanics. This job entails installing and taking up floor coverings. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Estimates, ...