- Job Descriptions
- Floral Designer
Responsible for artistically arranging flowers to make wedding bouquets, wreaths, corsages, and other decorations.
- Arrange both real and artificial flowers for display at occasions or in the home or office.
- Fill special orders for holidays or other occasions.
- Make traditional corsages, bouquets, wreaths, and wedding decorations, as well as other kinds of original designs.
- Create original designs.
- Negotiate price for arrangements.
- Fulfill large orders.
- Work with clients to fulfill their vision for occasions such as weddings, funerals, or celebrations and events.
- Work with a wide range of foliage and flowers.
- Find vendors to supply seasonal flowers.
- Order and purchase flowers and supplies from wholesalers and growers.
- Cut stems to proper length.
- Keep flowers watered and fresh.
- Discard wilting or dead arrangements.
- Wait on customers in floral shop.
- Inform customers about the care, maintenance, and handling of flowers and foliage.
- Provide advice and suggestions for flower selection.
- Prepare window displays.
- Unpack flowers and prepare for storage.
- Deliver flowers to clients if necessary.