Responsible for setting up, operating, and tending equipment that blends, mixes, and cooks ingredients during the manufacturing process of food products. Reads instructions and prepares products according to prescribed formulas.
- Mix, blend, and prepare food products for manufacture.
- Read and interpret formulas.
- Ensure all ingredients have been compiled.
- Clean and sanitize utensils and work surfaces.
- Clean and prepare equipment.
- Operate levers on equipment.
- Read and interpret gauges and temperature levels.
- Record results.
- Test data for each food batch.
- Determine if mixing chamber temperature is within prescribed limit.
- Sterilize vats.
- Test equipment for possible malfunctions.
- Check for leaks, clogs, and plugging issues.
- Taste food for consistency.
- Use paddles and agitators to mix food.
- Follow recipes.
- Test products for specified flavor, texture, clarity, and bouquet.
- Check food for proper color.
- Select, weigh, and pour ingredients.
- Determine mixing sequences.
- Fill kettles, rotating cookers, pressure cookers, or vats with ingredients.
- Homogenize food products.
- Add ingredients to prevent separation.
- Test food product samples for moisture content, acidity level, specific gravity, and/or butter-fat content.