Food Science Technician Job Description
- Assist food scientists and technologists to research and experiment on food and liquids in laboratories.
- Test food and liquids to determine physical and chemical characteristics.
- Check food for color, consistency, fat content, caloric content, and nutrients.
- Analyze test results and compare with standard tables of caloric and nutritional content.
- Examine samples to identify cell structures or to locate bacteria or extraneous material.
- Mix, boil, cut, blend, separate, or freeze ingredients to make reagents.
- Work on products and ingredients to manufacture food.
- Clean, maintain, operate, and sanitize laboratory equipment, such as microscopes and petri dishes.
- Determine moisture, salt, sugar, or preservative content of food and beverages.
- Use mathematical and chemical procedures to find percentages of ingredients and formulas.
- Record or compile test results or prepare graphs, charts, or reports.
- Test food, food additives, and food containers to ensure they comply with established safety standards
- Assist with food research, development, and quality control.
- Ensure food products are fit for distribution.
- Work to create proper food packaging, including bottles and plastics.
- Inspect foodstuffs, chemicals, and additives to determine whether they are safe and have the proper combination of ingredients.
Food manufacturer in North Carolina is seeking a Quality Manager. Position will be responsible for managing QA department, including supervisor and technicians. Position will also ...
Tracking Code 20124807 Job Description The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician has the primary responsibility for protecting the food by conducting food safety and quality s...
A growing food company located in Artesia, NM is currently searching for a Quality Assurance Supervisor. This position will be responsible for training new and existing technicians...