Food Service Manager Job Description
- Oversee the day-to-day operations at restaurants and other places that serve and prepare food and beverages.
- Plan for and purchase food for food service program.
- Ensure food in storage meets adequate levels of nutrition and sustenance.
- Maintain required records including food production, inventory, income/expense, meal counts and personnel records.
- Ensure program follows proper sanitation procedures.
- Preside over food service employees, including cooks, food preparers, cashiers, and other employees.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained while food is being cooked.
- Prepare and serve the food.
- Plan menus.
- Respond to customer preferences and complaints.
- Set prices for each product on menu.
- Plan and budget for future meals.
- Purchase and maintain equipment, including refrigerators, stoves, and microwaves.
- Ensure dining experience is satisfactory.
- Bus tables and expedite food.
- Hire, recruit, and train employees.
- Deliver orders to appropriate customers.
- Direct the cleaning of the dining area and kitchen including the utensils.
- Maintain employee records, prepare payroll, and complete paperwork to comply with laws and regulations.
- Set alarm system.
- Keep records of supplies and purchases.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Food Service Manager JOBS
This leadership role trains new employees in all areas of the operation, aides in providing Safety Tours, and assures employees are aware of safety guidelines. Equivalent to three ...
Oversee the Certified Team Trainers, Team Supervisors, and Service Team Members as a part of our CSUN Dining team at one of our foodservice locations. One year of full-time foodser...
The Team Supervisor assists in the direction and coordination of opening and closing activities within a campus foodservice location. This leadership role assists the maintenance o...