Foreign Language & Literature Teacher Job Description
- Teach students how to interpret foreign languages.
- Translate foreign languages into the students' natural language to help them understand.
- Provide instruction in literature and cross-cultural studies.
- Teach students how to read, write, and understand foreign languages.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Develop pupil understanding and appreciation of culture of countries where foreign language is spoken.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
Position Overview The Department of French & Italian at the University of Kansas seeks individuals qualified to teach part- to full-time undergraduate and graduate courses in F...
Position Overview The CREES Program Specialist develops area-related programs and events of general public interest, as well as the connections with the education, business, gove...